- Position title: Executive Director, Coalition for Dialogue on Africa (CoDA)
- Grade: D1
- Publication date: 13/06/2019
- Closing date: 15/07/2019
CoDA is an independent platform for dialogue and debate among State and non-State actors, established as a joint initiative of the African Union Commission, the UN Economic Commission for Africa and the African Development Bank. CoDA identifies and discusses issues of importance to Africa’s development within a global context. It furthers the work of the African Union Commission and fosters reflection and inclusive dialogue that advocates for the continent, brings together a range of stakeholders to promote for African voices to be heard. It informs policy making on the continent and works in collaboration with other African and international organizations in addressing issues pertaining to governance and development. CoDA is housed at AUC Headquarters and is governed by a Board of eminent African and non-African-personalities. It receives support from the African Union Commission, the UN Economic Commission for Africa, the African Development Bank and the private sector.
The Executive Director is responsible for the successful leadership and management of the Secretariat according to the strategic direction set by the CoDA Board.
Under the overall guidance of the Chair of the Board and the oversight of the Technical Advisory Committee, the Executive Director is responsible for the management of CoDA activities and heads the Secretariat, based in Addis Ababa. Among his/her specific responsibilities are:
- Overseeing the preparation of the biennial work program and budget in close collaboration with the African Union Commission;
- Conceptualizing, planning and ensuring the effective implementation of CoDA activities;
- Serving as liaison with the CoDA Chairperson and Board members;
- Providing regular reports to the CoDA Board and partners;
- Recruiting and supervising Secretariat staff;
- Managing financial, administrative and operational aspects of the CoDA Secretariat;
- Convening and directing the preparation and management of CoDA meetings;
- Representing CoDA at international meetings
- Leading resource mobilization activities;
- Directing CoDA’s communications and outreach activities;
- Any other job that might be assigned by the CoDA Chairperson or Board members.
- Hold at least a Master’s degree or its equivalent in Economics, International Law, Social Sciences, Engineering, International Trade, Agriculture/Forestry, Business Administration, Public Administration and knowledge of development issues;
- Have a minimum of fifteen (15) years of relevant professional experience in an internationally recognized financial or development institution or public service; five (5) years of which should be at a managerial level being an added advantage.
- In-depth understanding of political and economic issues concerning Africa’s development;
- A proven track record of engagement on developmental issues;
- Innovative and problem-solving approach to issues;
- Track record of senior positions in government and/or international organizations or non-governmental bodies;
- Experience of dealing with partner organizations;
- Strong interpersonal and effective communication skills;
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with people of different national and cultural backgrounds;
- Fluency in English, with very good drafting ability. Good working knowledge of French and other languages will be an advantage.
NB: To submit your application, please send an email with your CV and a motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Coalition for Dialogue on Africa (CoDA) does not accept any form of fees or payment for recruitment.