Upon the invitation of H.E. Olusegun Obasanjo, Chair of the Coalition for Dialogue on Africa (CoDA) Board, the CoDA Secretariat organized the 15th CoDA Board of Directors Meeting was held at the Radisson Blu Hotel in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia on 17, September 2018.
As per the decision of the CoDA Board of Directors, at their 14th Board meeting to hold Board meetings in the margins of a policy dialogue organized by CoDA, the secretariat also organized a Policy Dialogue on Improving People’s Lives Agenda: Challenges of Trauma and Care of the Injured in Africa. The policy dialogue was jointly organized with the African Union Commission (AUC) and the AO Alliance Foundation. The theme of the policy dialogue ‘The Neglected Burden of Death and Disability from Injuries in Low- and Middle-Income Countries’ and took place at the African Union Commission (AUC) Headquarters in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia on 16, September 2018.
The 15th Board meeting was well attended and discussed pressing issues of the continent CoDA would focus on in the coming operational year as per follows:
- Promoting Regional Integration: CFTA
- Support Domestic Resource Mobilization: Stemming IFFs from Africa and Accelerated financing of Africa’s infrastructure
- Improving People’s Lives Agenda: Addressing the challenges of trauma and care of injured in Africa
- Africa in the current global order
- Youth empowerment & employment: orientation, education, perspective, Pan-Africanism